When sending your child to school one decision that has to be made is whether to send them to a coed or single sex school. There are many discrepancies on which one of these is more beneficial for students. I went to a coed elementary school; however, for high school I decided to go to a single sex school. I do not regret going to either of these schools. I truly enjoyed them, but I do not know if this really is the best choice for teenage boys and girls. There are many controversies about it. During my research project I will try and find out what really is favorable for teenage boys and girls. Is going to a single sex school beneficial for boys, but not girls? Or is it the other way around? Should young adults really be in an environment without people from the opposite sex? Is it okay for boys or girls to only by interacting with members of the same gender during most of the day? The next problem is that sometimes it is hard to meet and become friends with people of the opposite sex if they are not around you constantly. Therefore, does going to a single sex school have a negative affect on a person’s social behaviors? There are many questions that need to be answered before a person makes a decision on whether or not they want to go to a single sex school.
I would like to find out which gender is more affected by going to a single sex school. Also I would like to discover how a single sex school affects the personalities of each gender. In order to show the class my results I will write out a research paper. In addition, I will show a short video based on the results that psychologists obtained from this study. In the video I will make a script and show a single sex classroom with girls and then boys. Next, I will show a coed classroom. This will show how being around the opposite gender has an impact on a person’s personality. The viewer will be able to see what it is like in a single sex classroom and a coed classroom, and how it can change the way males and females may act. It can even change a person’s performance in school. I will be making a video because I think it will be clearer to the viewers since they are seeing it instead of just reading it. If someone sees something first hand I think it gives them a better understanding of what it is like to experience it than just reading a paper about it. Another reason why I am making the video is because I think it will make the topic more interesting to the audience.
In order to make my research project possible I will have to acquire a lot of information about single sex schools and the affect it has on the students that go to them. First, I will research what tests have been done by other people, and what their results were. Then I will interview a couple different people that went to coed schools, and a couple people that went to single sex schools. I will keep all the information I find in my commonplace book on my blog. This will help me stay organized because all of my information will be in one place. I will need to spend most of my time at home on the computer to find the information, or just by talking to people. Also, if I find any articles in a newspaper or magazine I will cut it out and place it in my plastic folder that I have for this class. This folder and my commonplace book on my blog will help me organize my information for this research project. It will also help me have easy access to all my information at any time since it will all be in one place.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment