Monday, April 16, 2007

Interview with Andrew Velez

Interview with Andrew Velez (He went to a single sex school.)

If you had to make the decision again to go to a single sex high school; would you make the same decision?
I would probably decide to go to a coed one because there I could make more female friends, not saying I don’t have a lot already, but during my years in high school I was around guys a lot, and a little more female exposure would have been better

What was one way you benefited from going to a single sex school?
Well I believe that if I went to a coed school, I wouldn’t have focused on my work as much as I did in my high school, I also developed a strong friendship wit my other classmates, something I don’t think would have happened with girls in the picture.

What was one disadvantage of going to a single sex school?
Too many guys, even though I made friends with them, it was a bit annoying going to school everyday and seeing nothing except males.

Did going to a single sex school have a negative affect on your social life, and in the way you interacted with members of the opposite sex?
No I don’t think it had a negative effect on my social life, and it affected me, because I was a little more pressed to talk to girls, when I wasn't in school.

Did you feel more or less stress on doing well in your schoolwork knowing that the opposite sex was not with you?
Less stressed; because if there were girls there, you wouldn’t want to appear stupid to them, so I think I would try a little harder.

No comments: