When choosing a high school, one decision that has to be made is whether to go to a coed or single sex school. There are many discrepancies on whether a single sex school is more beneficial for students or not. I went to a coed elementary school; however, for high school I decided to go to a single sex school. I do not regret going to either of these schools. I truly enjoyed them, but I do not know if this really is the best choice for teenage boys and girls; there are many controversies about it. During my research project I will try and discover whether a coed or same sex school is favorable for teenage boys and girls. Is going to a single sex school beneficial for boys, but not girls? Or is it the other way around? Should young adults really be in an environment without people from the opposite sex? Is it okay for boys or girls to only be interacting with members of the same gender during most of the day? The next problem is that sometimes it can be difficult to socialize and interact with people of the opposite sex if they are not around you constantly. Therefore, does going to a single sex school have a negative affect on a person’s social behavior? There are many questions that need to be answered before a person makes a decision on whether or not they would like to go to a single sex school.
By doing this paper I would like to find out all the answers to these questions. I would like to discover which gender is more affected by going to a single sex school. Also, I would like to learn how a single sex school affects the personalities of each sex. In order to show the class my results I will write a research paper. The paper will discuss some results that psychologists obtained from this study. It will also demonstrate how going to a single sex school can have an impact on a person’s personality, and on how the students may act during class. One thing that I found very shocking is that going to a single sex school can even change a person’s performance in school.
In order to make my research project possible I will have to acquire a lot of information about single sex schools, and the affect it has on the students that go to them. Since there were many research projects done on this topic, I will study those projects. Then, I will discover what the results were. Next I will record, discuss, and compare the different conclusions that were found. Finally, I will interview a couple different people that went to coed schools, and a couple people that went to single sex schools. This will help me clarify what I found from the research other people have done. I will keep all the information I find in my commonplace book on my blog. This will help me stay organized because all of my information will be in one place. In order to make this research paper possible I will need to spend most of my time on the computer and interviewing people to obtain the information I need. Also, if I find any articles in a newspaper or magazine I will cut them out and place them in my plastic folder that I have for this class. This folder and my commonplace book on my blog will help me organize my information for this research project. It will also help me have easy access to all my information at any time since it will all be in one place.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment