Interview with Amina Brown (She went to a single sex high school.)
If you had to make the decision again to go to a single sex high school; would you make the same decision?
Now that I went to a single sex school I would have definitely made the same decision, but beforehand I saw it differently because I wanted to be around boys.
What was one way you benefited from going to a single sex school?
It was definitely a learning experience. It taught me to be around girls and deal with all types of attitude. It also helped me to stay focused because if boys were there I know I would have been distracted. Another advantage is that I did not have to do my hair all the time. I did not have to worry about what I looked like at all. I looked like a bum all the time.
What was one disadvantage of going to a single sex school?
One disadvantage was being around girls all the time. I had to deal with their attitudes.
Did going to a single sex school have a negative affect on your social life, and in the way you interacted with members of the opposite sex?
No, not at all. I still talked to boys. Actually, there was a boy school right down the block from me that we interacted with all the time.
Did you feel more or less stress on doing well in your schoolwork knowing that the opposite sex was not with you?
I felt less stress, but if they were there they would have been a distraction in the classroom because they always made me laugh and not pay attention.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment