I'm very happy I finally switched my major. I was majoring in Speech Pathology, but now I am majoring in Education. At first I was unsure if I wanted to switch or not, but I soon realized that I really wanted to teach. The only thing stopping me was my parents. However, I knew I had to do what would make me happy.
I have been working with children for many years. I worked at a camp for five years, and I will be working there next summer too. For my first two years at the summer camp I was a volunteer. I did not get any pay for what I did, but I loved it so much I was determined to go everyday. Also my current job involves children too. I currently work at Jumpstart which is a program that involves one CM, which is a person like me, and one partner child. My child is four years old. I enjoy helping him in his classroom and one on one while we have sessions together. I always enjoyed working with children and helping them. This is why I have been doing it for so long.
In the future I cannot see myself doing a job that does not involve children, but besides that I wanted my own classroom. By being a speech pathologist I would have been able to work with children, but not in the way I wanted to. I want my own third grade classroom that I will be able to teach myself. So, I am happy I decided to switch my major.
Also, after I graduate, when I am receiving my masters I would like to become a literacy specialist. This will make me more qualified as a teacher because it will help me with "tricks" on how to help children read and write. Also I would be able to be a literary specialist after school hours. As a literacy specialist I will be helping children learn to read or write that are struggling, or I would be helping children with problems such as dyslexia.
I really hope this all works out. Since I am determined enough, and since this is something I decided and want I think I will be able to accomplish my goal and enjoy it in the future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment