Saturday, March 31, 2007

Going home...

Today I am going home for one night. I live in Staten Island, which is not too far, so it is easy for me to go back and forth between home and school. However, it is kind of frustrating because it takes a while to travel on public transportation. When I get picked up it only takes me around forty minutes to get home, but when I take public transportation it takes me about two and a half to three hours. This is because first I need to take a bus to a subway. Then I have to go to another subway. Next I have to go on the ferry, and finally I need to go on a train. Everything really adds up, but it isn't that bad to do.

I just wish there was one bus that went straight there all the time and not only during the week. The bus I am talking about is not the buses with the MTA bus system. It is a shuttle bus that is provided to St. John's students that goes from the campus in Queens to the one in Staten Island. This shuttle makes traveling home so much easier. The shuttle bus ride is about an hour and then I have someone pick me up at the campus in Staten Island. I just wish they had this on Saturday and Sunday because sometimes I can't go home on Friday.

The only thing St. John's has on Saturday is a shuttle bus that goes to Forty Second Street in the city. This shuttle is very convenient too. It takes you right to the movie theaters and then it can even take you back to school for free. My friends and I use this shuttle all the time.

I really use the shuttle system here, but I just wish they ran everyday and more frequently.

No comments: