I really like the idea of the group project we need to do. I think it is a great way to learn and meet other people in the class. In most classes I don't even know other student's names, but now I am actually working with them. I also think that students learn better when they are not just listening to lectures. Lectures get boring which leaves students uninterested, and sometimes even fall asleep.
Another thing good about this project is that it teaches us teamwork. It shows us how to work together. This is a quality we will need in the future when we are working our real jobs. For example, we are going to have co-workers that we will constantly be interacting and working with. We need to learn a couple things about working in groups. For example, we learn to not slack off or become too bossy. Also we learn how to trust other people and that we can't do everything ourselves.
I believe that doing work yourself, like this project, is a better way of learning. This is because we are able to learn for ourselves. We aren't having a teacher that is explaining it to us; we are actually seeing what is going on. This is very beneficial to me.
Another good thing about this project is that it helps us with our public speaking skills. I always hated public speaking. I took the class last semester and dreaded it every day because I am not good at talking in front of a big group of people. However, since we are doing it with a group it should not be that bad. Maybe it will even be a way of making me more comfortable in front of people.
I think this project is a great learning experience. There is more that we will get out of it than just the explanations of rules from the handbooks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment