This weekend I went to Vermont to go skiing for the weekend with a couple of my friends. I am from Staten Island and to get there was a very long drive. It took about 7 hours because we got lost going up the mountain. Plus one of our cars got stuck because of the snow so two of my friends had to push it out about ten times, but that ended up being kind of funny. The way home wasn't as bad. It only took about six hours and we didn't get lost, but it was still very long. I was just happy I didn't drive because I hate driving. I hate the pressure of driving and being in "control" of something. I have my license because my family and friends encouraged me that it is something that I should have just in case of anything. The first time I took my road test I failed it. However, I was actually kind of happy becuase this meant that I would not have to worry about driving ever again, but about four months later I decided to take my road test again and this time I actually passed. In the beginning I never drove. I had a car, but it basically just sat in my driveway or one of my parents drove it. Then as time went on I realized I couldn't depend on everyone forever. I had to get more used to driving whether I liked it or not. I knew my problem was that I was nervous once I sat down behind the driver seat because I felt like there was too much pressure on me. I am often very hesitant before I turn or something, but after time one of my friends helped me by getting me more used to driving. I still do not like driving. I would rather just sit there and have someone else drive, but I know it is something I have to do. I can't always rely on my friends to drive me to work or school and public transportation become annoying. So, now I drive a lot often than I used to even though it is something I would prefer not to do. However, I still do not drive over bridges or highways, but I am hoping to drive over one soon so I can get over that fear too.
Anyway... I went to Vermont for four days to go skiing. It was my first time skiing and since I am not very athletic and i do not like the snow that much I thought I would end up hating it, but it actually was not that bad. I actually ended up having a lot of fun even though I fell so many times. But my friends that knew how to ski actually helped me out a lot and towards the end I kind of got the hang of it, but I still don't know if it is something I would want to do a lot. After a while I kind of got bored of it and decided to stop skiing and just wait at the bottom of the mountain for my friends. I am just happy I actually tried something new and it was not as bad as I expected it to be.
In Vermont my friends and I rented a cabin. It was a lot of fun, but I had absolutely no cell phone service and no internet because the cabin was like in the middle of a mountain that was in the middle of nowhere. At first this really annoyed me because I don't remember the last time I had to go four days without being online or talking on my cell phone, but I began getting used to it. It was actually kind of relaxing and we all played games and stuff to keep ourselves occupied instead of worrying about what was going on on myspace or facebook. I'm not going to lie though, as soon as I got home I went straight to my computer and checked my myspace and facebook, but it was still good to get away from it for a little. As for the cell phone it was kind of nice to just do my own thing without worrying about anyone calling me or texting or without having me having to call people and talk to them about nothing. However, even though it was nice being without a cell phone and online I know I would not be able to stay without those things for a longer period of time because it is my way of keeping in contact with everyone.
Overall I had a really fun weekend. In the beginning I was hesitant about actually going on this ski trip, but now I am really happy I went.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment