This weekend was fun because I went to visit my friend at New Paltz which is where she goes to school. She really likes it there. Overall both of our schools are similar, but they have their differences school. St. John's is definately a lot more strict than New Paltz. For example, they don't need to sign people in that go in and out of there dorm rooms. Also they do not need to sign in over night guests through the computer, and they do not have a limited number of people that are allowed to stay in the dorm room. These rules that St. John's has are both good and bad. They are good because they make me feel safe. However, I do not like the fact that I feel like I am still being treated as a child. I feel like the rules here are stricter than when I was home. Some rules are understandable, but I feel the curfew rules are very irresonable. There is no reason for people that do not go to St. John's to be out of the dorm rooms by midnight. Even at home I do not have to be home at that time.
One thing that was the same at the two schools were the dining area. They had a cafeteria just like Montgoris where students could get food. The food was not even that different. However, I do think it tasted a little better than the food we have here, but that is probally becuase I wasn't used to having it everyday. Just like St. John's New Paltz also has a little deli with food like we have Hungry Johnny's except theirs is called Oscar's. They also have a couple different places to get food that use "points" or as they call them "units."
The main difference between the two schools is location. New Paltz is more in a country area and St. John's is in the city. Around New Paltz was quiet. There was not much going on during the day and you can even see the stars in the sky at night. Also it was a lot colder. There were no busses or trains and the closest thing to the school was about a fifteen to twenty minute walk. St. John's is completely differnt. If you walk outside during the day no matter what you will definately find noise. Also there are many things about a five minute walk away from the school; including bus stops. In Queens it gets cold during the winter, but definately not as cold as it gets at New Paltz.
St. John's is more my type of school. I like how close it is too the city, and the way you can get almost anywhere by taking buses or other forms of public transportation. I grew up in the city, so I know if I went to a school upstate I would not be happy because I would feel like everything was so dull and empty since I am used to the rushing and loudness of all the different people in the city.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment