Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Question #24

One job I had out of school is at a summer camp. I have worked at this camp every summer for five years. I started out by volunteering there for two years and then they decided to hire me. It is something I enjoy doing because I like working with children between the ages of seven to ten. Working at this camp is something I look forward to every summer because I form great relationships with each child by the end of the summer. It even becomes difficult to say good bye the last day of camp. Right now, since camp does not start until July, I am working for a program St. John's has called Jumpstart. For Jumpstart I am given a partner child that I need to work with for the remainder of the year. The child is four years old and I am supposed to help prepare him for kindergarten. Working at the summer camp and at Jumpstart are both very fulfilling jobs. It is great seeing how well the kids begin to develop, and the relationship you form with the children makes you feel great. These jobs will even help prepare me for the future because working with children is something I would like to do when I get older and these jobs give me a lot of experience.

No comments: