Monday, January 29, 2007
Did any of your former schools have a writing center?
In my high school my teachers constantly encouraged writing, and tried helping us as much as they could. However, I never had a writing center. I did not have a specific place where I could go to just discuss my writing or to find ways I can improve it. If I needed help I would simply ask one of my teachers after class to assist me, but this was not always easy. Sometimes my teacher and I would have other things to do once class ended. Therefore, at times it would be difficult to sit down and find time to discuss my writing assignments or papers. Now that I have a Writing Center at Saint John's I will definitely take advantage of it. I think that it is a wonderful thing Saint John's has to offer people. Any student could go into the Writing Center at almost anytime to discuss a paper or just ask questions. The best part about Saint John's Writing Center is that it is in a very friendly and comfortable environment. It is also located in an area that is easy to access, which is the first floor of the library. Since I was made aware of this great Writing Center I will be sure to go there if I ever need assistance in any work I may have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment